Here are links to articles in my “What Is” series (for which a full index is available). The articles are not written for this course and contain material that is not in the syllabus. However, you may find them useful as further reading.
The articles are also available in PDF form at this GitHub repository,
- What Is a Matrix?
- What Is a Symmetric Positive Definite Matrix?
- What Is an Orthogonal Matrix?
- What is the Cayley–Hamilton Theorem?
- What Is the Determinant of a Matrix?
- What Is Floating-Point Arithmetic?
- What Is IEEE Standard Arithmetic?
- What Is Rounding?
- What Is a Block Matrix?
- hat Is the Sherman–Morrison–Woodbury Formula?
- What Is a Vector Norm?
- What Is a Matrix Norm?
- What Is a Unitarily Invariant Norm?
- What Is a Condition Number?
- What is Numerical Stability?