It’s a couple of weeks since the 2017 SIAM Annual Meeting, which I previewed in an earlier post. The meeting was held at the David Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh and was co-chaired by Des Higham (University of Strathclyde) and Jennifer Mueller (Colorado State University).
The approximately 1150 attendees enjoyed five days packed from morning to evening with lectures, panel sessions, careers events, professional development sessions, and other activities.
You can catch up with what went on at the meeting in several ways.
SIAM News Articles
SIAM News staff Karthika Cohen and Lina Sorg were on hand to write up articles on selected talks:
- A Combinatorial Approach to Predict RNA Structure
- Etymo: A Graphic Search Engine for Data Scientists
- Mitigating Mosquito-borne Diseases with Wolbachia Bacteria
- Modeling the Effects of Temperature on Human Sleep Patterns
- The Mathematics of Synthetic Biology
- Deep Learning Improves Image Reconstruction in Single-Pixel Cameras
- Analytical Methods for Modern Design and Manufacturing
- Math Models Analyze Impact of Insulin-Mediated Testosterone Production on Ovulatory Function
- Optimal Control Methods to Analyze Acute Inflammation
- Mathematically Modeling Retinal Hemodynamics
Reports on prizes and other events are also available on the SIAM News site:
Here is a Storify that captures many of the Tweets from the meeting.
Here is blog post about the meeting by Scott Morgan, the president of the SIAM Student Chapter.
SIAM Presents contains recordings of selected talks delivered in the main ballroom. These include all the invited lectures and prize lectures.
Join us in Portland, Oregon, July 9-13 next year, for the 2018 SIAM Annual Meeting!
One thought on “SIAM Annual Meeting 2017 Highlights”
And another SIAM News article about the meeting: https://sinews.siam.org/Details-Page/communication-doctors-at-the-siam-annual-meeting