In the list below, line numbers do not include tables.
- Page 585, in the second table “mmsmax” should be “nmsmax”.
- Page 519, line -5: the MATLAB statement “charpoly(P)” is not valid in current versions of MATLAB and should be replaced by “poly(sym(P))”.
- Page 198, line -3: change to .
- Page 517, Theorem 28.1 should read as follows:
Let the independent vectors have elements from the normal distribution for . Let , where is the Householder transformation that reduces to , for . Then the product is a random orthogonal matrix from the Haar distribution, where and .
- Page 499, first line of Section 27.8: replace “it estimated” by “is estimated”.
- Page 106, line -4 should read “ lies on the same ray”.
- On page 123, in (7.10) and several other places “” should be ““.
- On page 123, two lines before (7.13) should read .
- On page 127, in the last line of Theorem 7.8 there is a missing x: the parenthesized equation should read .
- On page 128, the second displayed equation should begin .
- The curve for complete pivoting in Figure 9.2 on page 169 is incorrect. It should grow more rapidly and reach about at the right-hand end point.
- On page 102, in the displayed equations should read and should read .
- Page 143, line 6: should read as .
- On page 168, line 7 should read “Note that satisfies .”
- On page 223, in (11.15) the expression for x should read .
- On page 360, line -3 should be and this carries though into the two following changing to .